Legal Metrology Certification in Coimbatore
Smartcorp offers Legal Metrology Certification in Coimbatore at an affordable cost and in an effective manner. We have highly qualified professionals to provide assistance in the registration process. We are functioning in Singanallur, Ondipudhur, Kannampalayam, Sulur and in Gandhipuram. Smartcorp provides all types of legal registration services under one roof. We are one of the leading consultants in the Coimbatore city. Legal Metrology Certification in Coimbatore is the application of legal requirements to measurements and measuring instruments.
The Legal Metrology Certification is responsible for the verification and calibration of weights and measures, fuel pumps and weighing instruments used in the market place and by import or export organizations.The Central Government introduced the Legal Metrology Act 2009, which came into force on 1st April, 2011. This Act rationalizes the units for measurement to be used in our country. It includes the Metric System (metre, kilogram etc) to be used. Legal Metrology certification in Coimbatore regulates the manufacture, sale and use of standard weights and measures. It is the replacement of the Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1976.
Legal Metrology License in Coimbatore establishes uniform standards of weights and measures, regulate trade in weights and other goods which are sold or distributed by weight, measure or number. A person has to get approval of the model of a weight or a measure before manufacturing or importing it by the competent authority. An importer has to register with the concerned Director. Each manufacturer, repairer and seller shall have to obtain a licence from the respective Controller. The Legal metrology certification in Coimbatore allows Government approved test centers to verify weights and measures.
Documents Required for Legal Metrology Certification in Coimbatore
- Identity proof.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Certificate of Registration of Industry.
- NOC from Competent Authority.
- Document proof of Ownership
- Constitution if it is a proprietorship or partnership firm.
- Date of Birth Proof of applicant/partners
- Copy of VAT/CST/GST Registration / Copy of PAN
- Affidavit to state that applicant would adhere to the Legal provisions and the directions issued by the Controller.
Benefits of Legal Metrology Certification in Coimbatore
- Reduces Transaction Cost
- Contributes to the Trade
- It will increase the confidence of the customer
- Reduce technical Barriers in the trade
- Provides Protection to the Consumers.
- It builds up the standards and keeps the discernibility of the standards.
- It controls any unlawful and unfair trade practices.
- It makes sure whether the measuring instruments are kept intact.
- It ensures whether the measuring instruments are in good working conditions.
- The legal metrology certificate is useful to meet the international standards.