Legal Metrology Certification in Chennai
Legal Metrology Certification in Chennai can be obtained in an effective manner through Smartcorp- the best legal metrology certificate provider in Chennai. We have expanded our services in Ambattur, Velacherry, Adayar, Guidy, Mylapore, Saidapet and OMR. Our goal is to satisfy the applicant’s business expectations. We offer our services at reasonable cost and provide our services in an effective manner. We make your registration process as simple and smart.
Online Legal metrology Certification in Chennai is governed and controlled by the Government and it also includes export and import activities. Legal metrology is registered under the act of Legal metrology, 2009. It deals with the weightage and measurements of the packed goods. There are many types of legal metrology licence for manufacturer, dealer and repairer. We can avoid the measurement and weightage errors while trading. The registration act is suitable for three categories they are manufacturer, packer and importer. Legal metrology registration in Chennai is more transparent and accountable to the business. This act protects the rights and interests of the consumer
Documents Required for Legal Metrology Certification
- Identity and Address proof of applicant/ partner
- Photographs of applicant or partner
- Birth certificate Proof of applicant/partners
- Ownership authority and premises location
- In case if it is a partnership firm, Partnership deed is required.
- List of machinery and tools
- Model approval certificate, issued by the Director, with respect to the proposed weighing and measuring instrument
- Affirmation to state that applicant would follow the Legal provisions and the directions issued by the Controller.
- Affirmation to state that applicant had neither been punished by any Court nor is any criminal proceeding pending in any court.
- In case of Factory/ shop registration document
- Establishment and municipal trade licence
- VAT/CST/GST Registration / PAN – photo copy
What are the benefits of legal metrology certificate?
- It decrease the trade cost and it supports trade
- Reduce technical barriers in trade
- This certification ensures whether the weights and measurements are in complying with the standards.
- Measurement plays an important role in trading business, it creates a balance between the consumer and traders
- Through the legal registration, the revenue can be collected
- It builds trust